Scrum Master/ Business Analyst / Q/A / Tester
ICF has partnered with several clients in the Washington DC Metro area for IT Modernization projects. Our IT Division is a unique, pure play digital consulting firm delivering IT systems modernization and business transformation for government and commercial clients. We enable our enterprise customers to realize the full potential of digital transformation through strategic consulting, disruptive technology integration, and agile software development at scale.
ICF is seeking several IT professionals to support upcoming project needs in Arlington, VA and the Washington DC Metro area. Successful candidates will be Sr. Business Analysts, Business Analysts/Testers, Q/A Consultants, and Scrum Masters. They will be responsible for leading and advising ICF clients while eliciting and analyzing business requirements and translating into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed. As a translator between technical teams and the client’s business community, these roles ensure business analysis scope is understood and determines the appropriate analysis effort necessary for the initiative. This position is within the context of an Agile team employing Scrum development framework.This position will be working directly with stakeholders, serving in both Business Analyst and Project Manager capacities, and must be able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing as many of stakeholders work remote. Each of these roles will support the Project/Program manager in identifying financial, technical and human resources in order to complete projects; will support the development team with technical issues and solutions to be implemented, and help to identify risks and mitigation strategies needed to meet our client commitments. The Senior Analyst is responsible for Requirements Management and will assist with solution configuration when appropriate. The ideal candidate should have the proclivity to detect overlapping functions and interdepartmental dependencies and provide both tactical and strategic thinking.
Since we are recruiting for multiple roles, here are some of the required skills and qualifications for these roles:
- Bachelor Degree (Scrum Masters must be certified from accredited institution)
- 2 or more years experience as a business analyst in a fast-paced application development environment working on multiple project types such as COTS (commercial off the shelf), new development, and enhancements/support.
- 2 or more years years recent experience working in an agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Assists the Functional SME in preparing for and delivering process workshops
- Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) (preferred)
- Previous experience working with Government clients is desired
- Prior experience as a Java Developer to include: Design and develop application code using Java/JEE, XML, SOAP, REST, and Spring Framework
- Demonstrated Scrum Master/Development Team Lead experience with Agile development methodologies and processes on actual multiple project/program engagements required
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with agile methodologies (Scrum) is expected
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, capturing client requirements and feedback
- Conducts software inspection, testing, verification and validation.
- Contributes to training material and Test/Use Cases
- Assists in documenting client requirements
- Assists in documenting acceptance criteria
- May write test scripts
- Assists in internal testing activities
- Coordinates and/or assists in coordinating workshops
- Assists in process engineering activities
- Experience as a HR Specialist supporting government and/or commercial clients
- ServiceNow HRSD implementation experience (Preferred)
- HR implementation experience (preferred)
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office as it relates to producing project management deliverables, i.e., MS Project and Project Server for task management, Excel for reporting and data analysis, Word for status reporting and PowerPoint for status communication and project briefings
- Must be U.S. Citizen, eligible for Public Trust
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)