Finance and Operations Specialist- Rockville, MD
Finance and Operations Specialist
International Health and Development
ICF is seeking a Finance and Operations Specialist to work for the USAID-funded Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) Project. The project operates both in the US and in offices across the globe. The Finance and Operations Specialist is an integral member of the project’s finance and operations team. This position is located in our Rockville, Maryland office.
- Work with country field staff to ensure that monthly reports are submitted accurately, completely and on time; and its transactions follow ICF policies and client’s rules and regulations as well as review for allowability, validity and appropriateness of expenses reported. And communicate with field offices regarding the results of the review.
- Work closely with accounting staff to ensure reconciliation of accounts, respond to questions and serve as liaison between home and field offices in matters related to field office financial reporting.
Finance and Operations:
- Assist the team with the review of local procurement documents and further process.
- Prepare and process vendors and consultant invoices.
- Assist with the advance payment requests as well as prepare wire transfers to field offices.
- Provide and verify information on allocation of funding sources and expenses categories.
- Assist with monthly forecasting and timely payment process for IDDS subcontractors.
- Maintain all financial documents and records in organized manner in SharePoint.
- Assist in preparing for end of the year close and donor audits.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ relevant work experience in government project finance and operations or procurement
- Experience using Microsoft office applications
- Degree in accounting, finance, business or related discipline
- Familiarity with USAID and other federal agencies and/or regulations a plus
- Ability to read and write in French
- Ability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- Ability to constructively receive work direction
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)