Biologist Sacramento On-Call
ICF is currently seeking On-Call Field Biologist to be based out of our Sacramento, CA office.
This position involves providing biological resource surveys on a variety of transportation, energy, water, and urban projects in central California. Work would generally be located in the Sacramento region. Fieldwork is likely to include amphibian surveys for special-status species and construction compliance monitoring. The field technician will prepare daily monitoring logs, reports, assist with preparation of biological reports.
- Independently and collaboratively perform field surveys for special-status species, natural communities and habitats. Field surveys may include walking transects, walking and mapping habitat boundaries, trapping or collecting specimens, visually identifying animal.
- Independently perform environmental compliance monitoring at construction sites (including preconstruction clearance surveys and environmental awareness training), coordinating with construction crews, and being responsive to ever-changing schedules.
- Coordinate with the biological task lead to evaluate project plans for determining potential impacts on special-status species and other biological resources.
- Prepare daily field notes summarizing field survey results and monitoring responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences or other related field of study or working towards a degree described above and 2+ season of experience conducting biological fieldwork with limestone salamanders and/or other special status salamanders.
- Experience handling limestone salamanders
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in use of GPS technology for navigation and data collection in the field.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
- Experience conducting surveys for Northern CA special-status wildlife species including California tiger salamander, California red-legged frog, and foothill yellow-legged frog.
- Experience with data entry and formatting.
- Knowledge of survey techniques and protocols for conducting special status amphibian surveys in Northern California
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)