Historians, Architectural Historians, or Historic Preservation Planners On-Call
ICF is currently seeking On-Call (Temporary) Historians, Architectural Historians, or Historic Preservation Planners who are based in the Atlanta Area. Additional locations include South Carolina and Tennessee.
On-Call Architectural Historians will work under the supervision of our Senior Historian/Architectural Historian and will assist in research, fieldwork, and reporting for history/architectural history projects.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
- Assist with historical research in local, state, and regional libraries and archives.
- Assist with historic resources surveys and assessments, including site inspections, research, photography, historic context writing, and evaluation under the National Register of Historic Places.
- Assist with the preparation of historic property inventory forms (including statements of significance and architectural descriptions).
- Support growth and development of the cultural resources practice through business development efforts, professional development activities, and workload coordination.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in history, historical preservation, architectural history, or closely related field.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated research and writing abilities, with the ability to present clear, precise, analytical, and authoritative arguments. A writing sample may be requested.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Operational knowledge of the history and architectural history of the southeast and Georgia.
- Interest or experience in environmental planning and regulatory compliance (National Environmental Policy Act, and National Historic Preservation Act (Section 106)
- Knowledge of and interest in historic preservation.
- Interest in GIS
- Experience or familiarity with DOTs, particularly GDOT policies and procedures
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)