Cloud Solutions Architect
As a Cloud Solutions Architect you will play a critical role in supporting our NIH client on impactful work related to Coronavirus. You will work with the client team as a trusted advisor in a hands-on capacity, leading design, technical discussions, and assisting in the implementation of cloud-based tools. You will help accelerate data driven discovery by developing cloud-based tools and databases and assist our client in telling a story with their data.
You will work with consultants, technologists, scientists, analysts, and engineers to develop search and retrieval interfaces, develop APIs that support retrieval of data and programmatic access, develop graphic data consoles, build web and programmatic submission interfaces that can support cloud-based data analysis and tools, build a seamless processing pipeline for validation and annotation, and deploy production ready solutions.
You believe that preventing the problem is the goal but finding solutions should be the focus. You know when to operate and when to automate. You believe that it can always be made better, faster, more reliable, and more secure.
In this client facing role, you will:
- Be accountable to our client for delivering cloud-based solutions and strategies that align with their business objectives
- Meet with stakeholders to explain technical designs and get buy in
- Lead the technical team through the infrastructure development process
- Use industry best practices and design patterns in cloud infrastructure
- Design a highly available and well-tested hybrid cloud solution using AWS and Google Cloud Platform offerings
- Integrate CI/CD pipelines
- Provide detailed documentation
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Five plus years’ experience with cloud services. AWS Certified preferred
- 8-10 years experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)