Renewables Project Engineer
ICF's Commercial Energy Division is growing, and we seek experienced consultants to join our Technical Advisory team in our Independent Engineering/Owner’s Engineering line of business. Our work is focused on energy sector projects and encompasses all phases from concept development through the end of the project lifecycle. This includes technical advisory and due diligence for projects during development and financing, construction monitoring, performance testing, periodic O&M and operating budget reviews, decommissioning, expert witness, and restructuring activities. Personnel within the Technical Advisory practice have experience in numerous technologies including; PV solar, wind, CSP solar, biomass, waste-to-energy, biofuels, emerging process technologies, combined cycle and simple cycle plants, thermal technologies, distributed generation, storage, demand response and other energy related technologies.
Our Technical Advisory team works collaboratively with our Power and Gas Market team, Environment and Planning team, and the greater ICF to provide comprehensive advisory services include strategic, investment, and portfolio management, operational planning; market development; policy analysis; regulatory support; and customer engagement.
Consultants at ICF integrate industry experience and advanced consulting and analytical skills. As an IE/OE Consultant, you will utilize your deep experience with our IE/OE advisory services group and in broader power markets, proven track record of technical consulting or utility industry results, and skills engaging with client decision-makers at manager to senior executive levels.
Positions require at least 7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas, or collectively across multiple areas:
- Renewable Generation including Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, Biofuels, and other Renewable Technologies
- Project Financing Due Diligence for Electric Utilities and/or Independent Power Producers (IPP), including support of bond financings
- Evaluation of Operating Generation Assets, including financial performance, O&M, and asset management
- Preparation and or evaluation of pro forma financial models, specifically the technical inputs therein
- Electric Utility and/or IPP Regulatory Filings, including Rate Matters
- Stakeholder and Project Participant Engagement
- Thermal Power Generation including Both Coal-fired and Gas-fired technologies
- Bio-Fuel Engineering with an Emphasis on Production Facilities
- Bio-Mass and/or Waste-to-Energy Technologies
- Hydroelectric Generating Technologies
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction of Power Generation Facilities
Consultants will work from our Golden or Atlanta office locations, or potentially from home, and travel occasionally depending on engagements and needs.
You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, potentially working with all levels of staff. You will have an opportunity to apply your experience and knowledge, lead and provide technical input to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
- Manages projects and client relationships
- Provides technical input and/or direction to project staff.
- Ensures client satisfaction and development of long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a close knit team environment comprised of multiple technical abilities and knowledge levels.
- Ensures project work, including report generation, is completed within budget and meets profitability targets.
- Contributes to technical and cost proposal development.
- Support business development efforts including identifying, qualifying, and supporting the pursuit of both follow-on work and new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, sciences, or finance related field.
- Demonstrated experience delivering consulting solutions to utilities, IPP firms, electrical cooperatives, municipal power authorities and/or other stakeholders that utilize electrical generating technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of current power related technical diligence and finance issues including: utility economics, inside the fence power plant construction and/or operations, project integration and valuation; alternative regulatory policies; and/or other technical areas of expertise related to generating technologies.
- 7+ years of experience working on project diligence and finance related issues in a power industry role.
- Master's in business or finance or related field.
- Experience working effectively with technical and commercial business stakeholders, including strong facilitation skills.
- Consulting industry experience.
- Independent engineering / finance due diligence experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)