Energy and Sustainability Specialist
Want to design and develop energy efficiency programs, and engage with industry leaders to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve the most challenging issues facing the energy industry today, while informing the future of global energy use.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their energy-efficiency programs. This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA office. Successful candidates will support the implementation of high-profile public-private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency across the building sector with a focus on multifamily markets. They will conduct outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the multifamily sector, and will leverage benchmarking and analytical skills to review and analyze energy consumption data.
What you will be doing . . .
- Reviewing energy consumption data for large portfolios of facilities in the multifamily sector to assist building owners in benchmarking performance against peers.
- Supporting the review and analysis of large volumes of program data, in order to support core program processes, ensure program integrity, and distill data into narratives for reports, case studies, etc.
- Conducting outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including building owners and operators, industry associations, and utilities.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other opportunities.
- Serving as a source of technical assistance for program participants and maintaining detailed records in a customer management system.
- Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop local, regional, and national strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
- Conducting partner recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing support to maximize program participation.
- Conveying complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Conducting research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry issues.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., energy and/or environmental studies, public policy, business)
- 4+ years relevant experience in the multifamily sector
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated expertise working with large spreadsheets or databases
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Knowledge of energy performance benchmarking or energy modeling
- Experience in energy efficiency and/or environmental issues
- Experience with EPA ENERGY STAR, DOE Better Buildings, LEED and/or other efficiency/sustainability program platforms
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)