Cybersecurity Senior System Engineer
ICF is looking for a Cybersecurity Senior System Engineer with a strong background in designing, deploying, and maintaining cybersecurity solutions. The Engineer is part of a technical team that focuses on leveraging commercial and government solutions to determine the best combination/configuration of capabilities to match operational requirements of each unique environment. The Engineer is also part of an on-site team in San Antonio which focuses on unique environments for our clients.
The Cybersecurity Senior System Engineer plans, designs and implements tailored cybersecurity solutions for unique environments represented by a combination of local and wide-area infrastructure and/or network systems which feature a wide variety of platforms and protocols.
You will also support deployed solutions by monitoring, troubleshooting, or updating a variety of hardware, software, or network issues when required.
This opportunity provides exciting and challenging work in the Cybersecurity domain!
- Work with a technical team to design tailored cybersecurity capabilities that meet client requirements
- Facilitate deployment logistics and ultimately build, configure, and deploy capabilities
- Monitor and troubleshoot system, data, and network issues
- Upgrade systems as required
- Routinely interact with clients and internal teams
- Collaborate through reliable communication and documentation
- Provide on call support outside of business hours as needed
- 8 or more years of experience with Linux
- 5 or more years of experience supporting a DoD Cybersecurity environment
- 5 or more years of experience deploying systems and performing system administration on DoD networks
- 5 years of experience with security architecture analysis, design and implementation
- 3 years of experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- 3 years experience with Network technologies, protocols, databases and classified network/s
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II and CSSP Infrastructure Support Certifications such as: CCNE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CEH
- Team player with the ability to work independently while maintaining good communication in fast-paced and complex mission environments
- Senior engineer willing to learn internal capabilities and support preferred configurations
- Extensive experience with DoD and classified networks
- Experience with cyber/systems security for non-traditional non-IP environments
- Experience with DoD mission and mission support system engineering/design efforts
- Experience with data aggregation technologies such as Elastic Stack and/or Greenplum
- Experience with SIEM technologies such as Kibana, Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee
- Experience with DoD 8530 Requirements
- Experience and/or understanding of DoD Standard Technical Implementation Guides
- Experience and/or understanding of DoD 8500 Series
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Client Office (TX88)