Senior Online Writer
ICF Next is one of the leading integrated communication agencies in Europe.
We are specialised in helping European institutions and other international organisations to raise awareness about their policies and actions and, engage with a variety of audiences. With the support of our global partner network, we can offer solutions for communication needs, in any medium and in any language, across the world.
We challenge ourselves and our clients to communicate to citizens and confront realities and tackle new challenges. Our 1,700+ deep bench of creatives, communicators, strategists, technologists, and data analysts are committed to helping organizations to meet barriers head-on. To find real value – sooner. And to create lasting change that leaves them better prepared to face the future. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
We are currently looking for a Senior Online Writer to work full time as a consultant at the client premises.
Nature of the tasks:
- Proposes editorial concepts
- Compiles raw material
- Reads and analyses documents
- Writes and edits high quality original content in his/her mother tongue or equivalent
- Rewrites and adapts content for specific target audiences
- Devises editorial lines for social media platforms, writes, edits, rewrites and adapts suitable content for social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Manages editorial projects including coordination of the work of the junior writers
- Ensures quality of all produced material
- Performs journalistic research and interviews
- Submits proposals for visuals that can be integrated as part of text content
- Monitors various online and printed media
- Produces content optimised for search engines
- Creates and/or uploads content in the website's CMS
Knowledge and skills:
- Project management
- Good reporting methods
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent editorial capacities
- Quality control skills regarding content, structure, metadata, compliance and relevant standards (incl. WCAG)
- Be very well informed on all main EU policies and the main public opinion elements related to them
- The language level required for writing content in English or French: Understanding (mother tongue or C2), Speaking (mother tongue or C2), Writing (mother tongue or C2).
- The language level required for daily contacts is English or French: Understanding (min B1), Speaking (min B1), Writing (min B1)
Education and Experience:
- University level education
- At least 5 years of professional experience within this field of work
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Belgium Client Office (BE88)