Diversity and Inclusion Leader
Embracing Differences is a core ICF value and our commitment to inclusion is not only in our words but in our commitment to action. Therefore, we are announcing a newly created Diversity and Inclusion Leader role which will report directly to our Chief Human Resources Officer and will be responsible for leading ICF’s diversity and inclusion strategy and implementation of initiatives globally.
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the overall diversity, equity and inclusion strategy across the company. You will interact with our CEO regularly and partner with Executives, Senior leaders and employee groups to facilitate and prioritize inclusion in how the ICF culture is experienced and also in achieving business priorities.
You will partner with global business leaders and HR to develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies, programs and policies that successfully attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce. In this role you will also determine how to measure progress in maturing diversity and inclusion at ICF.
What will you do:
- Develop and lead a multi-year strategy and implementation action plan for enhancing diversity and inclusion
- Lead ICF Diversity and Inclusion Councils/Working Groups focused on ICF wide initiatives and planning
- Promote organization-wide awareness of diversity and inclusion from all facets
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition on inclusion strategy in attracting, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring diverse talent
- Partner with Learning and Development to develop and implement an inclusion learning and awareness strategy for all levels of employees
- Develop ICF diversity and inclusion goals and action plans that align with priorities based on employee feedback and strategic business goals. Ensure effective and timely implementation of the diversity and inclusion action plan.
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications team on effective internal and external communication and branding around ICF’s diversity strategy, commitment, updates and community involvement
- Ensure alignment of resources across the company to support the efforts of diversity and inclusion
- Support the creation and plan oversight for effective employee resource groups that support employee development, mentoring, sense of community, well-being and business objectives
- Foster and cultivate external relationships with networks and partnerships for best practice awareness
- Partner with Corporate Responsibility on ICF’s internal and external inclusion focus
- Participate as a member of the senior Human Resources Leadership team, and partner with HR leaders to imbed diversity and inclusion best practices into multi-year HR priorities
- Stay current on diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices, programs, and metrics outside of ICF to optimize and integrate within our company’s goals and strategic approach
- Ensure compliance with equal employment opportunity (EEO) requirements and affirmative action programs to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
What you will need:
- 12+ years of prior relevant professional experience
- Proven experience creating and implementing an organization-wide D&I strategy
- Knowledge of inclusion practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to identify and analyze workforce data and metrics and translate for varying audience communication
- Project management experience
- Strong conflict resolution skills
What we would like:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading and implementing inclusion strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, resourceful and visionary balanced with strong business acumen
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and build successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to hear varying viewpoints and synthesize into ICF priorities that will be most meaningful for employees and support business objectives
- Ability to implement change strategies in partnership with senior leadership and across functions
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and persuasively
- Sound judgment, high integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)