Web / Mobile App Developer
Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, & Social
Health, Research, Informatics and Technology
Work Location: Atlanta, GA Metro Area
ICF is seeking an experienced Web / Mobile App Developer with 3 years of experience to support the system engineering and development activities of its CDC client in Atlanta. This developer is part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions for our clients, and actively participates in the implementation of digital solutions responsible for bringing creative vision to life on the Web, Tablet and Mobile screens for our public sector clients. You will be a member of a small high-performing innovative Agile team rapidly developing and deploying APIs (REST Web Services; Microservices), Mobile Apps, and Responsive Web Applications in a DevOps Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environment.
The primary responsibilities are to perform the following activities throughout an Agile iterative and incremental software development lifecycle:
- Continuously engage business analyst and stakeholders to design responsive web applications following an User Experience (UX) process that enhances user satisfaction with focus on improved usability and accessibility that users enjoy interacting with.
- Translate and requirements into API and UI specifications (i.e., User Stories) and communicate the specifications to Agile development and quality assurance team members ensuring the product satisfies user needs;
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience designing and developing responsive web application integrated with APIs in an Agile Scrum and DevOps environment.
- Develop responsive web / mobile applications incrementally in alignment with team developers creating and refining APIs following an Agile Scrum development lifecycle.
- Assist team tester to create automated UI test cases for implementation in a continuous integration DevOps environment.
- Effectively communicate with your Agile team members to continuously deliver and improve integrated UI/UX web and API products of high quality.
- Define, document, and maintain UI specifications and User Guides.
Basic minimum qualifications:
- BS in computer sciences or related field.
- Agency technology experience or equivalent is an asset
- Experience with at least one of: Mustache JS, Backbone JS, or Angular JS
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile web UX standards
- Ability to create sophisticated UI features for high-performance, scalable web applications
- Experience translating PSD layered-comps and annotated wireframes into semantic HTML markup
- Experience with Enterprise and Open Source CMSes such as Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress, and others preferred
- Solid understanding of RESTFul architecture and APIs
- Experience in working with secure web coding practices (OWASP)
- Experience in working with accessibility coding practices (WCAG2.0)
- Experience with at least 2 top Mobile application frameworks such as React Native or Ionic
- Strong communication, strategy and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed
- Able to efficiently work in fast paced environment with team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)