Digital Content Project Manager, Community Development
Digital Content Project Manager, Community Development
ICF is seeking a Digital Content Project Manager to support knowledge management projects with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), including the award-winning HUD Exchange website, which centralizes resources for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) grantees, providing training, guidance, tools, reports, policy help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
As a Digital Content Project Manager to, you’ll join a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, customer service specialists, software developers, user experience experts, data analysts, and designers who are committed to delivering fresh, innovative, and user-focused content and responding to a wide array of customer needs to support affordable housing and community development.
Your job will be driving decisions related to developing and organizing key information and processes in order to provide an exceptional customer experience to those seeking information from HUD, including lenders, state and local governments, nonprofits, Public Housing Authorities, tribes, the general public, and more. This will involve leading our team’s knowledge management from end-to-end as a jack-of-all-trades – developing content and trainings, providing customer support, developing new processes and ontologies, leading web development projects, analyzing performance data, and working with users and team leaders to continuously improve our knowledge resources. This is a management-level position.
You are right for this position if you:
- Are a skilled content developer that enjoys tackling complex content management problems in creative ways
- Are comfortable with ambiguity; you learn quickly and navigate changes with minimal direction
- Have never met a process you did not immediately want to improve
- Have experience in both digital/web project management and HUD programs
- Able to resolve project roadblocks and troubleshoot issues in a time-sensitive environment.
- Empathize easily with people; intuitively gather information to fully understand their need/request
- Take pride in providing outstanding customer service, including being able to remain cool under pressure
- Are a passionate problem solver with a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Have exceptional judgment and strong analytical skills
- Are always being asked to edit others’ work because you catch every little error
- Are self-motivated with a strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Are mission-driven; you want to do work that matters
- Love leading a team, motivating your staff, and helping them grow
Lead knowledge management efforts:
- Develop, organize, and maintain knowledge assets, including documentation, protocols, process flows, templates, and tracking tools
- Actively listen to customer / client needs and translate them into actionable ideas by developing process flows, technical requirements, and mock-ups
- Support the development of clear requirements by participating in business analysis and business and technical requirements documentation
- Provide customer support, including responding to policy, resource, and technical inquiries
Develop and manage digital content:
- Manage website development and maintenance, including conceptualizing, launching, and updating webpages and tools
- Collaborate with team leads to guide designers, developers, QA testers, system administrators and other internal team members to deliver quality content and solutions on time and on budget
- Support customer research and usability testing efforts
- Write and edit content for clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Develop and write style guides, stock responses, and other writing guidance
- Manage and implement quality assurance processes for content
- Manage communications efforts, including disseminating email campaigns, developing marketing plans, and other communications
Manage tasks and projects:
- Handle end-to-end task management: scoping tasks; creating project plans; developing and managing budgets, internal team schedules, and project milestones
- Work directly with customers, clients, contractors, and team members to determine needs and develop solutions
- Effectively present ideas to different audiences (from the general public to subject matter experts)
- Mitigate project risks and roadblocks, including scope creep, quality concerns, etc. by communicating clearly with clients and internal teams
- Act as the point of contact for all project-related questions, directly interfacing with clients, customers, and internal team members
Manage and motivate a matrixed team:
- Build a strong mentor relationship with supervisees and actively oversee their professional development
- Lead project and content development teams
- Build relationships and get buy-in for knowledge management from a variety of stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in public policy, government, urban planning, sociology, or related fields.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience, with at least 5 years in client management, project management, and/or web content management
- Prior experience managing teams and/or supervising staff with demonstrated leadership
- Proven experience in understanding complex, technical concepts and breaking them down into simple ideas and visualizations to communicate to others
- Experience in project/task management applications such as Salesforce, Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint
- Advanced Excel skills (at minimum: pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, and macros and creating and using spreadsheets to track, clean, and analyze large data sets)
- Advanced document formatting and production skills (Microsoft Word preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent copyediting and QA/QC skills
- At least three years of experience working with HUD programs
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
- Experience developing a content pipeline, creating and/or improving a publication approval process, and managing content in a CMS or KMS
- Proven success in crafting a long-term vision/roadmap for content strategy
- Experience making web content user-friendly and 508-compliant
- Experience managing email communications, social media, and multimedia sites (such as YouTube, Flickr)
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Knowledge of specialized software/programs such as: Tableau, Adobe Creative Cloud, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, etc.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)