Financial Specialist (Victim Services Grants Program - REMOTE)
ICF is looking for experienced Financial Specialists to provide grants and financial management training and technical assistance (TTA) support to the Office of Justice Programs (OJP) supporting grantees in U.S. Territories - Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Island and American Samoa.
As a Financial Specialist, you will be responsible for a variety of grants financial management functions including communicating with OJP grantees, providing TTA support to grantees, conducting financial management research and analysis, assisting with financial management training and tools development, and providing recommendations for financial actions.
- Provide comprehensive and targeted Technical and Training Assistance (TTA) programs to Office of Justice Program’s (OJP) U.S. Territory grantees and organizations including successful financial and accounting policy and procedure development and implementation
- Deliver both onsite/in-person and remote financial management training and technical assistance to grantees
- Support grantees with creating sustainable organizational financial management infrastructures
- Conduct assessments of the financial management capacity of grantees
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of existing financial and grants management tools
- Contribute to development of resources to assist with strengthening the organizational financial management capacity of grantees
- Work with the project team to develop plain language financial management resources
- Participate in regional meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field such as Business Administration, Auditing, or Financial Management
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Grants or Financial management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel with strong keyboard skills
- Experience designing business processes that help individuals coordinate their work and documenting those business processes in the form of flow charts or written procedures.
- Should have the ability and willingness to travel up to 20%.
U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- This position may require a Public Trust OJP security clearance due to the handling of personally identifiable information (PII).
- Experience with technology, e.g.; setting up audio/visual equipment and comfortable with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication.
- Experience with a variety of information technologies, including shared repositories for electronic files, such as SharePoint or Dropbox.
- Facility with making website changes using a content management platform.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)