Senior Air Quality & Climate Change Specialist
Air Quality and Climate Change Specialist
Los Angeles, Irvine, San Diego or Corona, CA
As an Air Quality and Climate Change Specialist, you will be leading air quality and greenhouse gas emissions inventory development, health risk assessments, photochemical and dispersion modeling, environmental impact analysis, climate action planning and report preparation for air quality and climate change projects to support ICF’s Environmental Planning practice. Position can be filled in Los Angeles, Irvine, San Diego or Corona.
- Lead air quality and GHG impact analyses for land use development, infrastructure, and roadway projects
- Quantify emissions, pollutant concentrations, and health risks using computer models and spreadsheets
- Research and interpret air quality and climate change legislation and policy
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems
- Interact with public and private sector clients
- Support development of climate action plans for local governments
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Science/Meteorology, Chemistry, Physics, or related subjects with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 5+ years of experience preparing air quality and GHG impact analyses pursuant to CEQA/NEPA
- Demonstrated experience with air quality models (EMFAC, CT-EMFAC, CalEEMod, CALINE-4, OFFROAD, MOVES), dispersion/photochemical models (AERMOD, SMOKE, CMAx), and meteorological models (e.g., WRF)
- Proficient in the use of Unix or Linux operating environment and shell scripting and work with large data files
- Fundamental understanding of state and federal air quality and climate change environmental policy and regulation (CEQA, NEPA, SB 32, Clean Air Act)
- Ability to independently complete air quality and GHG technical analyses, including data collection, modeling, and report writing
- Excellent quantitative and modeling skills (including MS Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Los Angeles, CA (CA80)