Senior Leader for Emerging Infectious Diseases
PHIT Senior Leader for Emerging Infectious Diseases
ICF seeks a senior leader to further develop and build the strategic direction and delivery of our Emerging Infectious Diseases business. This role will provide strategic planning, business development, subject matter expertise, and program management for this market area. The senior leader will have a proven track record as a clinician scientist and public health leader, preferably at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). They will have project implementation experience focusing on federal health programs across multiple areas. Primary leadership responsibilities include providing high level oversight to multiple projects, business development and strategic growth direction, senior project and client management expertise, and staff management support to sustain and grow within the Public Health, Informatics, and Technology (PHIT) line of business. This position reports directly to the PHIT line of business leader.
ICF is an industry leading professional services firm that combines our expertise in clinical trials, genetics, infectious diseases, and integrated health solutions with our know-how in health information services, and project management to deliver superior services on the largest federal health challenges. You will work with a team of experts who are driven to make a difference, going above-and-beyond to provide health information services, including employing research & evaluation, training & technical assistance, and surveillance, to meet our client’s program needs in support of grantees, researchers, health professionals, and the American public. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to demonstrate your strong track record in both winning and delivering significant engagements within the public health market (CDC, NIH, etc.).
The job is based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
As the Emerging Infectious Disease Leader, you will:
- Grow the pipeline and manage all aspects of the sales lifecycle from identifying the opportunity, pursuit strategy, proposal development, and contracting.
- Be present in the market and a representative senior leader of our firm. Use your knowledge of the industry to position ICF’s point of view in a meaningful and strategic way.
- Produce and publish both scientific and market content (e.g., peer reviewed journal articles, conference presentations, etc.) demonstrating thought leadership related to market developments and opportunities and challenges facing public health and emerging infectious diseases.
- Leverage existing and cultivate new relationships across the public health market (CDC, NIH, etc.) that will lead directly to new business opportunities.
- Manage client and partner relationships to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and sell integrated solutions.
- Supervise multiple engagements, manage quality of service delivery and client satisfaction, and ensure appropriate cost structures.
- Participate in the projects, manage teams and resources, and resolve issues.
- Participate in supervising, mentoring, and development of staff.
- Collaborate with other experts (e.g., social science, IT, health communications, survey research, etc.) to develop innovative and/or customized public health solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues around business development and solution development.
The requirements for the Emerging Infectious Disease Senior Leader are:
- Degree in Medicine; experience as a practicing clinician preferred
- Previous leadership experience in a complex environment – managing public health programs and teams, preferably at a Federal public health agency, contracting, non-profit, or academic institution
- Proven thought leader / experience as a clinician/scientist with 50+ publications in a public health research field(s)
- The ability to gain internal support, operate independently, and establish solid working relationships with senior leadership, peers, and staff
- The ability to apply a strong client perspective as a driving force behind business decisions
- Critical thinking skills to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources
- Ability to develop and test solutions to complex problems
- The ability to motivate and energize teams to produce winning solutions
- Effective planning and managing skills towards both short- and long-term goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A dynamic, strategic, and action-oriented leader with an innovative spirit who is a self-starter and motivated to grow business
- Willingness and flexibility to travel when needed
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)