Software Data Architect
ICF is seeking an experienced Software Data Architect to be responsible for designing, developing and demonstrating a functional multi-tiered interface that will provide customized access for Government researchers with varying levels of expertise to computational resources for problem execution, visualization and post-processing of data. Web-based data visualization capabilities shall provide Government researchers with the ability to visualize complex data sets without the need for additional software.
- Perform research and development into web-based visualization, code execution, and pre- and post-processing technologies and techniques utilizing open-source tools
- Perform applied research and development into complex authentication methods including Kerberos for web-based multi-tiered applications. This shall also include seamless authentication across Kerberos domains.
- Perform software and algorithm development for large data sets and research new ways to analyze and visualize large, complex distributed data sets utilizing both low level (C, C++, etc) and high level (Python, etc.) programming languages, and scalable algorithm implementations (pthreads, message passing interface (MPI), OpenCL, etc.)
- Develop and apply Machine Learning Techniques and Algorithms to Army Relevant problems
- 5+ years relevant IT experience
- Advanced knowledge in Science and Mathematics
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Security clearance required - DoD Suitability
- DOD 8570 Compliance, or the ability to quickly obtain and maintain active security certifications
- Strong initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Open Source Databases
- Open Source Document management tools
- Apache web server
- Complex system authentication development
- 2D and 3D data visualization—using open source tools such as Paraview web, Guacamole and VisIt
- High Level Scripting languages including the Python Programming Language
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)