Data Analytics/ Machine Learning Scientist
ICF is seeking an experienced Data Analytics/ Machine Learning Scientist to support research and development in areas dealing with maximizing the computing capacity across disparate processing cores as fielded in a cloud-based and/or distributed infrastructure in a tactical environment. These efforts require the development of comprehensive models to capture computing capacity per core, per node, and across networked cores. Parameter assessment, development, and integration into models shall be required to increase and refine fidelity of computing distributed in tactical setting. Data integrity and processing migration and assignment (provisioning) across “friendly” processing assets to be studied, refined, and expanded as part of this basic and applied research effort.
- Development and evaluation of new techniques, algorithms, and models to aggregate and maximize computing core capacity in a distributed tactical environment.
- Development and evaluation of task and data parallel processing techniques in cloud service architectures.
- Investigation of data redundancy and integrity in dynamic processor pools
- Perform provisioning model stress-testing through network simulation and/or emulation studies coupled with real and virtual devices.
- Research and development of novel technologies and methodologies for extreme scale data analytics, big data processing, data mining, and machine learning on traditional and emerging computing architectures
- Development of new mathematical approaches for data representation, manipulation, processing, and storage.
- Development of approaches to design and develop software for emerging architectures to include neuro-synaptic, quantum annealing, and adiabatic quantum computation.
- Development of novel methods to include flash-based storage utilization due to data size restrictions and out-of-core processing requirements.
- Investigate and develop novel techniques for dynamic graph analytics focusing on new approaches, algorithms, and non-traditional computing architectures.
- Preparation of reports, papers, presentations, and other documentation to record and/or publish findings and results of research.
- 5+ years relevant IT experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Data Analysis and Machine Learning a must
- Secret/SSBI clearances - DoD Suitability
- IAT II certified and DoD 8570.01-M compliant
- Strong personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)