Public Service Group
USAID Support Services for the Board for International Food and Agriculture Development (BIFAD)
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of Senior Counselor for a Title XII USAID project that will support agricultural information exchanges, research, and learning. The position will be based in the Washington, D.C. area but may involve occasional travel in the US and overseas. Administrative responsibilities include routine liaising with the client; management of staff; overseeing of project budgets; and overall planning and management of the project. Technical responsibilities include liaising with USAID the agricultural board this project supports; and land grant universities; managing and facilitating high-level meetings, conferences, technical working groups; and manage commissioned studies, including providing technical guidance and high quality control support to the project.
The Senior Counselor will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the BIFAD Support Contract and the primary point of contact for USAID and the BIFAD members. Primary responsibilities include a) ensuring all project activities and deliverables are high quality, on time, and within budget; b) overseeing the development, implementation, and monitoring of a strategy for expanded engagement and outreach with university, research, Title XII institutions, non-degree granting research institutes, non-governmental organizations, private sector firms, and other relevant stakeholders on emerging issues related to agriculture and food security; c) facilitating communication about learning as a result of administrative and logistical, as well as technical and engagement support; and d) serving as a strategic advisor to both BIFAD and the USAID BIFAD Secretariat.
- Education: The incumbent must have a Master’s degree (or 10 years of equivalent experience in agriculture, food security, international development, public administration, or a related field
- Experience: The incumbent must have a minimum of 20 years of relevant, demonstrated experience: a) working with land grant public or private agriculture universities and facilitating and/or supporting cross-sector and/or collaborative research partnerships; b) building relationships with university and research stakeholders; c) leading strategic planning and management; d) leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver services designed to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders; e) leading strategic engagement, outreach, and communications on projects similar in scope or size.
- Language: The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
- A proven record of excellent project management —developing timelines, schedules, monitoring, tracking and submitting deliverables in a timely manner—leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively to shifting priorities; to interact with and support and coordinate a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize meetings notes and technical documents to short reports or briefs.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context
- Excellent communication skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)