Spanish/English Medical Translator
The Health, Science, and Human Services Division – Bioinformatics Line of Business is currently seeking a Spanish-language Medical Translator to support NIH and other contracts in our Rockville, MD office.
- Translate cancer information and other health information content for both health professionals and patient audiences
- Edit/Proofread/Quality Control all translations including those of other translators
- Always ensure translation precision, clarity, correctness, accuracy and cultural appropriateness
- Bachelor’s in health-related sciences or translation
- Native Spanish speaker
- 4+ years of oncology/medical terminology expertise
- 5+ years of English into Spanish translation experience
- 5+ years English into Spanish editing/grammar expertise
- Masters in translation
- American Translator's Association (ATA) certification
- Experience with Translation Memory software
- Ability to research complex medical terminology
- Ability to achieve a satisfactory score in a translation assessment
- Willingness to meet production deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Possess the aptitude for understanding the “big picture” while focusing on accuracy and details
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)