Communications and Operations Intern
Communication and Operations Internship, Victim Services (Tribal Financial Management Center) - Remote Opportunity
ICF seeks a self-motivated student enrolled in an accredited college or university to support the Office for Victims of Crime Tribal Financial Management Center (OVC TFMC) which provides training, technical assistance, and resources to support American Indian and Alaska Native communities as they successfully manage the financial aspects of their federal awards. View the OVC TFMC website at https://www.ovctfmc.org.
The Communication and Operations Intern will support OVC TFMC in a number of ways. Working closely with the communications team, the Intern will conduct a comprehensive review of grants financial management materials (guide sheets, micro learnings, webinars, glossary of terms) developed for American Indian and Alaska Native grantees to link all resources. This position will also help organize/frame an online library of learning tools. Other potential tasks include information transference and data entry into a project management and case tracking database, assisting with coordinating and planning onsite travel to tribal communities, and other tasks as determined by project need and Intern’s professional development goals and skillsets.
The Communication and Operations Intern should have a strong interest or experience serving American Indian and Alaskan Native communities. Some experience in communications, digital publishing, or learning management systems is preferred, but not required. This is a unique opportunity to build a diverse set of skills and support an innovative victim services project serving tribal grantees. The position is part time starting in July 2020 for an expected 15-20 hours per week throughout the summer. There is the potential for this position to carry into the Fall 2020 semester as an on-call position.
- Review and linking various grants financial management materials, including guide sheets, micro learnings, webinars, and glossary of terms for consistency and to expand learning materials
- Assist in drafting electronic outreach/communications including email marketing and maintenance
- Support maintenance of an online library of learning tools and website material
- Assist with data organization, entry, and information management
- Support administrative and operations efforts
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Native American Studies, Women’s Studies, Criminal Justice, Communications, English Literature, Digital Communications, Journalism, Accounting, or related subjects
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience or strong interest in working with American Indian and Alaskan Native communities
- Interest in technology and web design/development
- Proficiency in Microsoft application (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a remote setting
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)