Power Markets Data Analyst
Power Markets Data Analyst
Analyzing fuel and power markets, improving energy efficiency in concert with renewable energy and distributed generation programs, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you’ll find ICF. Backed by 40+ years of experience, our energy experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies, develop and implement programs for today, and tomorrow.
To support our growth, we seek a Power Markets Data Analyst to work in our Wholesale Power line of business, with a focus on developing market modeling and analysis tools. The analyst will contribute and subsequently lead the development of innovative tools and models to facilitate the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Analysts at ICF have an opportunity to apply their experience and academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. Analysts advance in our consulting practice and develop an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact.
- Simulate and develop models and tools that help to establish a long-term view of electricity markets
- Contribute to the development of power market analysis tools across wholesale power markets in North America
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy markets to assess and forecast the future of electric power and fuels markets, prices, power plant operation and valuation, fuel consumption, environmental emissions and compliance, transmission, regulatory effects, among other parameters.
- Collaborate with energy market teams to design and implement innovative data management processes and market analysis tools.
- Interface with clients on key deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and 3+ years of relevant energy industry experience or Master's degree.
- Ability to demonstrate quantitative skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of linear optimization and production cost modeling
- Intermediate programming knowledge in R, Python, Matlab, or VBA
- Advanced degree in economics, mathematics, operations research or engineering
- Power market experience
- Advanced programming in R, Python, Matlab, or VBA, with a focus on energy market modeling and tool development.
- Previous consulting experience
- Strong modeling skills
- Passion for solution of complex electricity market problems by developing creative models and data approaches. Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Works collaboratively with multiple project teams to effectively capture feedback and requirements for model development.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)