Manager, Life Sciences Communications
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Manager, Life Sciences.
This individual will support clients and teams focusing on life sciences communications, marketing, and public affairs. We are seeking a Manager who can support life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology teams, helping to define and implement communications, marketing, and public affairs strategies. We like solution-oriented leaders who focus on building collaborative teams. The ideal candidate has subject matter expertise and leadership skills that deliver high-value, strategic counsel to our clients.
*We are open to this position being based anywhere in the continental U.S.
As a Manager, Life Sciences you will:
Serve as a day-to-day client touchpoint and project manager
Serve as a life sciences communications expert and writer, both carrying out and overseeing the completion of project work and deliverables.
- Own the strategy and planning for deliverables from ideation to creation and take a leadership role, or support leaders, on individual work streams.
- Develop or manage the creation of client-ready work product.
- Make recommendations to internal account leaders and advise on work stream progress.
- Make recommendations and produce strategic external stakeholder outreach (e.g. media, advocacy groups, health professional organizations)
- Participate in writing new business proposals.
Help develop communication, marketing, and public affairs strategy on client accounts
- Help facilitate projects and design process to develop strategies for the communications, marketing, and public affairs functions of life sciences organizations.
- Help plan and conduct assessment activities, including approving survey design and conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Support the team to consolidate research inputs and present recommendations for clients’ strategy.
- Manage and produce work across the life cycle of projects, such as developing strategic plans, writing executive presentations, writing science-focused articles and press releases, and collaborating with journalists.
- Review account processes to ensure the team is completing work of high quality.
- Motivate the team to do their best work.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
As a Manager, Life Sciences you will have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in life sciences communication, marketing, and/or public affairs, specifically in strategic communications planning, media relations, digital media, and social media
- 3+ years of client-facing experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and managing projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Business, Journalism, English, Public Health, Public Policy, or a STEM-related field
- Depth of knowledge in the science of science communication
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Los Angeles, CA (CA75)