Associate Communications Manager, Social Media
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are hiring from an Associate Communications Manager with a focus on social media.
As an Associate Communications Manager (Social Media), you will:
- Work with clients to develop and execute their social media strategy as part of their overall strategic communications plans. This person pairs their deep understanding of the social ecosystems with an ability to collaborate and drive account teams to build and execute ideas and campaigns.
- Understand today’s ever-changing social media landscape and social influencer space to help our clients innovate and push their brands forward.
- Advocate for clients, internal client service teams, and junior employees to see beyond traditional social media to understand how social connects to all aspects of marketing and communications.
- Lead social-specific strategy development for clients and for new business.
- Council clients and internal content team on strategic insights that are used to innovate and push creative to drive brand relevancy through changes to user behavior, content types and real-time trends/data
- Guide and coach junior staff and creative teams to develop the plans and content for clients' social channels that is optimized for users, platform-specific and goal-oriented
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all aspects of social media
- Be a point person knowing when and how to integrate creative, data/analytics, paid media, and/or other client services teams to develop fully integrated, insight-driven content campaigns
Qualifications for the Associate Communications Manager (Social Media) include:
- 5+ years of experience in social media, communications, and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience working directly with clients and internal teams building social media, communications, and marketing strategies and plans
- Experience managing employees and creative teams
- Ability to give and receive positive and negative feedback to/from junior employees, creative team members, client service account leads and clients
- Ability to listen and communicate in a clear and compelling way in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to manage multiple clients and competing deadlines
- Ability to foster creativity and turn insights and conversations into ideas
- Ability to see beyond social media and understand how everything is connected and works together across digital ecosystems, user experiences, and earned media
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Thirst for knowledge and creative inspiration around social media
Job Location(s): This individual will sit in our ICF Fairfax, VA office once guidance updates our work from home guidance is lifted.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)