On-Call Bi-Lingual Copy Editor
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an On-Call Bi-Lingual Copy Editor.
As an On-Call Bi-Lingual Copy Editor you will:
- Provide editorial review on a wide variety of Spanish-language materials, including web and social media content, toolkits, emails, videos, training and conference materials, case studies, and campaign collateral.
- Collaborate with our team of translators, editors, copywriters, designers, animators, art directors, creative directors, and others to develop and deliver exceptional work.
- Ensure all work is consistent with established brand guidelines and strategy, and maintain up-to-date editorial brand guidelines.
- Promote and update editorial policies, standards, and procedures to ensure adherence to them across the agency.
As an On-Call Bi-Lingual Copy Editor, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, Spanish, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in proofreading and editing Spanish content; advertising agency or consultancy experience preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling, ensuring that translations reflect intended meaning and correspond to target audiences; certification from the American Translators Association or similar certification preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. Spanish-language conventions and with adhering to and maintaining style guides.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills with the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple competing deadlines.
Location: This individual will work remotely.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)