Senior Purchasing Manager
ICF is recruiting for a Senior Purchasing Manager who will develop an effective strategic sourcing plan that supports strong supplier development, contract negotiation, and procurement operations to ensure that both internal and external clients’ needs are consistently met. In this role you will manage a team of Buyers, with varying levels of procurement experience, performing the tactical day-to-day purchasing transactions and supporting the acquisition of direct charge goods and COTS services as well as indirect charge goods across the organization. You will mentor the team to facilitate successful career growth and ensure consistent team success with daily tasks and initiatives.
To be highly successful in this role, you will demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate and manage collaborative and creative efforts across the organization in fulfillment of procurement’s mission to provide solid customer support and procurement expertise on all purchasing initiatives. You will have significant prior experience in the administration of both U.S Federal Government as well as State, Local, Commercial, and International procurement activities, utilizing all contract types.
What you will do:
- Perform all Procurement administration/management in a hybrid Federal Government, Commercial, and International contracting environment to include front-end proposal support, sourcing and soliciting potential vendors, contract negotiation, award, and administration through procurement closeout consistent with FAR Part 44 and internal policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with company procurement policies and procedures, contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation (including preparation for DCMA CPSR audit), and all applicable Federal, State, and Local Government procurement regulations and laws.
- Work closely with Operations and Corporate Business Services (CBS) to produce effective and strategic procurement program initiatives and operations.
- Assist with problem resolution and provide strategic guidance to departmental senior management.
- Develop negotiation strategies to secure best value deals in support of US Government, Non-Federal, Commercial, State, and Local Prime contracts as well as indirect procurement initiatives.
- Manage Procurement staff performing day-to-day purchasing transactions with an emphasis on skill building, training and career development.
- Ensure that the content and format of the procurement files are maintained in compliance with CPSR requirements and/or consistent with applicable policies and procedures.
- Train Procurement staff on proper methodologies for developing Requests for Quotation/Proposal, performing price analysis, conducting and documenting negotiations, source selection, issuance of Purchase Orders, maintaining of file documentation, and closeout of Purchase Orders for goods and services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of automated systems, such as Electric Requisitions and a Vendor Management System.
- Develop policies and procedures, forms and templates to enable compliance and sound business practices that support the company’s business objectives.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or any combination of formal training and experience in the field of Contracts Administration and Procurement, equivalent to 10+ years
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of contract types and associated regulations to include time & material, fixed-price, cost reimbursable, FAR and DFARs clauses and special provisions
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of accounting functions within a publicly traded organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 5+ years’ experience in Deltek Costpoint and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with successful implementation of CPSR requirements
- Ability to work in a high transactional volume fast-paced environment is imperative
What we would like:
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), NCMA CPCM, CFCM or CCCM
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)