Senior Campaign Manager, Health Communication
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo. Job Location(s): This individual may sit in our Rockville, MD, Fairfax, VA or Atlanta, GA offices.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Campaign Manager, Health Communication.
As a Senior Campaign Manager, Health Communication you will:
- Ensure that clients are receiving the highest level of service, value, and creative thinking.
- Oversee tasks in the strategic and creative development of highly integrated, research-based Federal campaigns from inception to execution.
- Provide leadership and strong project management disclipline to diverse team members.
- Work with project research teams to identify, segment and develop targeted audience-centered communication strategies.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate communication and products.
- Serve as an advisor to clients, guiding strategic discussions and problem solving.
- Provide timely response to client needs and concerns.
- Guide teams in creating innovative and impactful communications solutions.
- Support project director with budget management, financial reporting requirements and resource allocations.
- Work collaboratively across other groups within ICF Next to leverage capabilities, talent, and knowledge.
- Ensure the successful execution of approved campaign elements and subsequent measurement of all programs.
As Senior Campaign Manager, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or equivalent required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience managing work-streams, including 5+ years managing campaign tasks, for the Federal government in a consulting firm or communication, public relations or advertising agency.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications outreach related to public health programs and issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client.
- Strong communications implementation skills, detail, and deadline-oriented.
- Strong project management, negotiation, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members.
- Ability to travel may be required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)