Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy, and Economics portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal and private sector programs and is seeking an Economics Analyst to join the team.
As an Economics Analyst, you will support our multiple regulatory support service contracts in the development of economic analyses. You will work with an interdisciplinary team conducting applied research and analysis in support of national-level programs focused primarily on addressing a range of policy issues, including energy, environmental and resource management issues, transportation, labor, immigration, among others. If you have a background and interest primarily in international issues, then this job is not the right fit for you.
The successful candidate will have experience in cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large datasets. Ideal candidates will combine these strong quantitative analysis skills necessary for supporting program evaluation, regulatory impact analysis, and cost-benefit analysis, with equally strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents. Duties may include development of analytical methods, databases, and models to support policy analysis and general program support.
The position will be located in Fairfax, VA and is available immediately.
- Significantly contribute to projects analyzing economic impacts of policies across a variety of clients
- Conducting and documenting comprehensive data analytics, research, and analysis
- Immersing oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Providing verbal and written progress updates to project staff
- Reviewing literature and other technical reports
- Developing recommendations
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Interacting with clients
- Master’s degree in Economics. We will consider candidates with related areas of specialization (i.e., Public Policy) with a combination of strong quantitative skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance from the Department of Homeland Security
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a high-level government clearance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented approach
- Time management strategies
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel, SAS, STATA, R, and Python
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)