Marketing and Communications Intern
ICF is a full-service consulting firm leveraging our expertise across many fields. We blend creative thinking with technical skills to help clients build brands, devise business strategies, implement responsive technologies, and create user experiences. Our Commercial Energy Division is looking for talented people ready to fulfill their potential. If you are passionate about marketing and digital technology, we want you as part of our team.
ICF is hiring a Marketing and Communications Intern to join our marketing team this summer. As a member of our strategic communications and marketing team, the communications intern will assist in the planning, development, and implementation of communications activities to support our efforts with local utilities. On a daily basis, we help our clients and communities live healthier, save energy and help the environment through the development, implementation and refinement of sound marketing and outreach initiatives. You will work with teams of account managers, designers, web developers and digital strategists to learn how to deliver world-class solutions for our clients. We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our work as we are and has the skills and attitude to learn quickly and make a meaningful contribution.
While working at ICF you will:
- Work with the creative team to develop creative campaigns
- Work with the media team to place media for upcoming marketing campaigns
- Review creative and attend client presentations
- Attend weekly client meetings
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly client presentations by collecting, analyzing and summarizing campaign results
- Review and develop social media content for clients and schedule social posts on Hootsuite and Facebook Business Manager
- Assist in submitting work for industry awards
- Participate in brainstorms and project meetings
Required Skills & Experience:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or related major
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of traditional marketing and social media environments
- Experience interning at a PR or advertising agency or involvement in promotions, PR or advertising within your school is a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong motivation and adaptability to learn and understand new concepts
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)