Publications and ADA Compliance Specialist
ICF is seeking a Publications and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Specialist to support document formatting and electronic delivery efforts for a range of environmental projects in the Environment & Planning Division at ICF. The position is based in California, Oregon, or Washington.
The responsibilities of a Publications and ADA Compliance Specialist entail advanced use of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat to assist in the preparation of technical and environmental compliance documents and ensure they comply with federal and state accessibility laws. Specific responsibilities include:
- Formatting documents in accordance with specific templates & applying style tags in Microsoft Word.
- Marking text (acronyms, citations, figures, and tables) for list production
- Generating master tables of contents and indices
- Ensuring format consistency and document completeness (i.e., tracking multiple components of large, complex documents)
- Creating title pages, signature pages, and fly sheets, as needed
- Building PDFs of complex documents for reproduction or web posting
- Implementing advanced formatting, such as comment and response sections for environmental documents
- Working in a variety of client-specific templates
- Creating new templates to requested specifications
- Assisting project teams and technical staff with document design and management support
- Ensuring documents to be posted on the Internet comply with Section 508 of the ADA and California State Assembly Bill 434.
- Conducting compliance check for all documents to be posted on the Internet. (Identifying errors in document structure, headings, reading order, figures, and tables and remediating identified issues)
- Outstanding file-management skills
- Ability to carry out multiple complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Clear and concise communication skills for interacting with internal and external clients
- Scrupulous attention to detail, both visual and textual
- Comfortable working at a fast pace within tight deadlines
- Experience in a similar position
- High level of skill in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Two to five years of experience formatting documents or conducting a similar role
- Consulting/environmental experience
- Working knowledge of HTML
- BA in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or related field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)