Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Analyst
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to work in our Golden Colorado office within an agile team environment. This person will help us test, primarily, our back-end data processing systems, but will also provide QA support for our reporting screens and UI in a software platform that facilitates the management of Energy Efficiency programs. They will be responsible for understanding the system data, performing quality assurance on incoming data feeds, verifying data consistency, troubleshooting data issues and testing aggregate reports and screens in our web application. Roles and responsibilities will vary across project assignments and will include writing TSQL queries to understand the data and potential issues feeding the screens as well as testing the logic in the screens themselves. This role will interact directing with the data engineering team and the product management team on a regular basis. The selected candidate will find an environment that offers career path mentoring as well as significant opportunity for advancement.
Candidates should have an outstanding academic record with a major focused on Energy, Science, Math, and Engineering or similar.
- Testing data and logic on complex TSQL aggregations that feed reports and screens
- MS SQL Server data validation experience and ability to write and organize complex TSQL queries
- Develop and maintain testing procedures and documentation related to software quality
- Ability to identify patterns related to data and software issues and create a cycle of continuous improvement to prevent them from occurring again
- 3+ years testing data centric software applications
- Strong analytical skills with a scientific mindset working on quantitative software
- Maintain an overall working knowledge of the system and changes that are being introduced
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM software product delivery cycle and team
- Strong organization skills and ability to balance multiple projects
- Experience with test automation tasks and tools (e.g., Selenium) a plus
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, oral, and phone communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed to solve complex technical problems
- Able to exercise independent judgment
- Builds and maintains relationships with users to ensure adoption and buy-in of technology solutions
- Self-motivated to continuously improve technical and professional skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)