Research and Modeling Energy Analyst
Do you have interest in building your career in energy domain? How about developing your skills in research and modeling. When the world is fighting its battle against pandemic COVID 19, we have some exciting news for jobseekers.
To support our growth, we seek Research & Modeling Energy Analysts to work in our research intelligence team in our Energy, Environment & Infrastructure (EEI), specifically within our Energy Advisory Services. The team focuses on ICF long-term forecast of energy (coal, gas, renewable, electricity) and environmental markets for North America.
The Research & Modeling Energy Analysts will contribute to all areas of the forecast from collection of research and data to implementation into the model as well as final forecast documentation. The Research & Modeling Energy Analysts at ICF will have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to market developments, interact with experts, while building content knowledge. Research & Modeling Energy Analysts advance in our consulting practice or go on to outstanding graduate programs around the country.
The research intelligence team provides extensive cross-team, functional support to all teams within EEI. Qualitative and quantitative work is performed by the team in the areas of power markets, power plant operations, transmission, environmental markets, environmental compliance and fuels. Our clients are in both the private and public sectors and they include utilities, independent power producers, financial institutions, and city, state and federal governments. Research & Modeling Energy Analysts will be working on North American energy and renewables markets.
- Extensive data research. Responsible for maintaining a large database of energy related data that must be updated regularly. Data sources include data-providers, industry publications, regulatory agencies and the web research.
- Manipulation of data for entry into model. Extensive quantitative analysis required for many data inputs.
- Tracking of up to date information on energy sector (particularly generation, transmission and distribution) and incorporating in existing industry databases
- Production of energy/emissions/fuel/transmission markets forecast on a regular basis.
- Analysis of forecast and changes resulting from updated inputs
- Documentation and dissemination of forecast results
- Support for forecast users
- Ad-hoc research and analysis projects
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with supervisory staff in US
- Masters degree in Operations Research, Electrical Engineering or related field with a focus on power systems.
- 0-3 years of relevant energy industry experience in modeling and research.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills with an interest in modeling, advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills, desire to work in a dynamic team environment, strong interest in research, analysis and the energy industry
- Exceptional data and web research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel, VBA/Macros, Python , R Language
- Experience or knowledge of linear optimization models
- SQL/SQL Server
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)