GIS and Analytics Developer
About ICF’s Information Insights (I2) Group
ICF’s Engineering and Emerging Technology (EET) Analytics Team is comprised of experienced analytics and geospatial professionals with the skills required to unlock the power of governed data discovery. Our staff provides deep technical and business support across ICF for data acquisition, data analysis/data science, and interactive data visualizations.
We’re looking for a seasoned GIS and Analytics Developer who enjoys working directly with clients to design and implement custom mapping, spatial analytics, data visualization and reporting solutions, start to finish, in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be immersed in a variety of projects helping government and commercial clients evaluate spatial data and data sources, design analysis requirements, and build GIS and Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to meet pressing business needs. This includes working with ICF colleagues and clients to assess, define and implement improved business processes. As part of a larger team of data scientists and data engineers, you will help deliver comprehensive analytics solutions leveraging cutting edge tools and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform GIS analysis to develop client focused outputs, maps, and dashboards that integrate large quantities of complex data and provide context and insights relevant to mission objectives.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on a client’s spatial and non-spatial data, and manage data using geodatabases and relational database tools like PostGIS.
- Evaluate and integrate spatial data from various data sources and data types (geodatabases, web services, raster and image files) using extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes.
- Work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business needs into data analysis requirements.
- Support development of custom reports and other data visualization products to help clients improve their decision-making effectiveness.
- Master’s/Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing data visualization and spatial analysis in a desktop GIS and data analyst role using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Experience managing and creating web-based mapping applications using tools such as ArcGIS Online, Carto, Mapbox, or Tableau.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)