Project Manager (Data Science & Public Health)
ICF seeks a Project Manager with a data science and public health background to lead a multifaceted NIH project.
In this role you will work with data science, survey, communications and other technical leads and manage daily operations and maintenance tasks as needed to include, but not limited to project and task management, team coordination, resource management, and performance monitoring as well as working directly with client leadership and ensuring their issues are being resolved successfully and in a timely manner.
This candidate will have an understanding of complex projects and tasks and provide overarching project oversight of all related deliverables to the client.
Work experience should highlight a proven track record of project management, business analysis, reporting, project finance, and strong communications and writing skills.
- Prioritize and coordinate the concurrent day-to-day project and staff activities
- Manage and maintain a team of cross-matrixed professionals.
- Identify, troubleshoot and fix detailed and complex challenges
- Serve as a liaison with stakeholders regarding IT needs and requirements.
- Communicate regularly with clients about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors, and obstacles
- Communicate issues to leadership and deliver status updates, both as directed, and on regular, daily, and weekly reporting cycles.
- Maintain all relevant project documentations, including create and maintain project management plans
- Act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration; manage conflict and use sound judgment in resolution/problem solving when necessary.
- Continuously assess and make effective recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals.
- Foster a positive, encouraging work environment to motivate employees to give their best each day and commit to client’s organizational goals and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, masters preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years project/program management experience
- Ability to prepare project plans, cost, schedule and performance metrics utilizing industry standard project management processes and frameworks (e.g., PMI)
- Ability to manage client expectations and produce products that demonstrate results and achieve a high-level of customer service
- 3+ years of supporting a Federal client
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or an equivalent certification and/or experience.
- PMP certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, quick, adaptive learner
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong customer relationships Demonstrate customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)