Cleared Acquisition Engineer
ICF has an immediate opportunity for a Cleared Acquisition Engineer to support the development of sophisticated business management software that the Navy Enterprise Planning (ERP) uses to streamline the Navy’s business operations, namely financial and supply chain management. Navy ERP's mission is to develop and sustain a business capability that enables the Navy business enterprise to budget, account for, and audit its resources so that it can monitor and make decisions about how the resources are obtained, allocated and utilized for the benefit of the warfighter and the U.S. taxpayer. In this role you will provide technical/engineering support for the acquisition and integration with the Navy’s ERP program, PMW 220. A SECRET clearance is required. This position is located at the Washington Navy Yard in the District of Columbia. The Navy client supports a liberal teleworking policy for its contractors and that the client is working 100% teleworking during the COVID-19 crisis.
PMW 220’s focus today is on business enterprise architecture and end to end business process engineering. It supports the vision of Navy ERP to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform provides real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise. In FY21, ERP is migrating the Standard Accounting, Budgeting, and Reporting System (SABRS) and the Navy’s Working Capital Fund to Navy ERP.
As an Acquisition Engineer you will perform the following tasks in support of PMW 220:
- Translates functional and engineering requirements into contract tasking documentation
- Recommends and prepares PWS and contract deliverables (CDRLs) based on the Systems Engineer Plan and engineering and competency lead requirements
- Prepares systems engineering event tasking for contractual documentation (PWSs, SOWs, SOOs).
- Coordinates and assists in preparation of other contract documentation such as: Request for Information, market research reports, Requests for Proposals,
- Supports market research and material solutions analyses (MSAs)
- Investigates and evaluates solution alternatives
- Provides technical comparison of alternatives in terms of effectiveness, cost, and risk
- Recommends solutions and programmatic way forward
- Creates documentation to support program kick-off and initiation
- Analyzes alternative material solutions with respect to defined requirements to determine effectiveness, risk, and requirement satisfaction
- Provides independent engineering assessments in support of the full range of PMW 220 programs and projects, as needed
- Recommends technical metrics and measures to facilitate the systems engineering and management of programs in development
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and recommends process improvements
Minimum Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree, at least 20 years of practical experience in systems engineering supporting DoD/DON programs. OR
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or related field from an accredited program with at least 15 years of experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)