Junior Software Engineer
ICF is seeking a motivated Junior Software Developer with Machine Learning, and Internet of Things (IoT) experience. The selected candidate will collaborate with researchers, and participate in implementing novel solutions to develop analytical tools for machine learning networks.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in maintaining existing applications and development of new applications.
- perform hands-on coding / development
- Participation in design and architecture discussions
- Implementation of IoT network connectivity, as well as web and mobile applications.
- Participate in occasional international travel for collaboration and experimentation.
What you'll be doing:
- Basic understanding of theory and detail of ML method, and familiarity with ML libraries, and frameworks such as torch, pytorch, numpy, scikit, scipy, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Programming skills in implementing machine learning solutions for a variety of different types of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in software development with Python & Java for networked applications.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, shell-scripting, git.
- Experience with GPU acceleration using CUDA.
- Background working with cameras, and sensors.
- Familiarity with network communication protocols, utilization of packet capture, and network emulation, and simulation.
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-developer environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills / ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and analysis.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- 1 semester or more educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Active DOD Secret clearance, or ability to achieve DoD Secret clearance.
- 1 year of professional software development experience preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)