Scientific Data Analyst
Our public health group is growing and we’re currently seeking a Scientific Data Analyst to work in Atlanta, GA on HIV prevention data management and analysis.
***option to sit remote/teleworking
The Scientific Data Analyst will analyze quantitative and qualitative program evaluation data and provide output in the format requested. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine analysis and interpretation of data, as well as data entry, coding, and transcription.
- Assist with creating datasets, including entering column and row titles, defining cell formats, entering previously defined formulas, and exporting results for use in SAS and/or SPSS software packages.
- Perform scanning operations, including setup, managing, indexing, and bookmarking.
- Provide database development and tracking of information, updating and maintenance of systems for recording and tracking information.
- Manage data modifications for all data within database.
- Manage updates to the database, including, but not limited to, uploading, extracting and merging records.
- Develop data collection instruments and protocols, including SOPs; update existing instruments, protocols, and SOPs, as needed.
- Oversee data quality control processes, formulating processes and workflows for data collection, data cleaning, and data management.
- Automate tasks within the data collection, cleaning, review, and management processes, as needed (e.g., writing scripts to update or correct mislabeled data as definitions get revised or allocation is attributed to a different domain).
- Develop or maintain tracking systems to assist the Team and client with routine and ad hoc data requests.
- Generate SAS programs for complex data retrievals and summary outputs.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to proactively identify and resolve data collection/management issues.
- Support dissemination and reporting of data to stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, or related field.
- 3+ years developing data management & analysis plans and data dictionaries in a public health setting
- 3+ years SAS programming experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a low level security clearance
- Doctoral degree in public health, statistics, or related field.
- Knowledge/experience with HIV prevention, treatment, surveillance and/or research/programs.
- Knowledge and skills in data collection, data analysis, and data cleaning
- Knowledgeable of evaluation and project management
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff to reach a common objective
- Detail oriented and able to create meticulous documentation of variables, datasets and data attributes
- Ability to produce data dictionaries and codebooks
- Willingness to share code and work within a team
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with little supervision, both independently and as a member of a diverse team.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)