Cyber Security Analyst
ICF is currently seeking an ambitious Cyber Security Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will provide support for DoD customers.
- Constant monitoring and updating of Intrusion Detection Systems(IDS).
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
- Provide assistance in computer incident investigations
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Collaborate well with members of the IAM team on daily policy issues.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Recommend modifications to access control lists to prevent and mitigate intrusions.
- 5 or more years of Information Assurance/IT/cyber security experience
- 5 or more years of experience using network security analysis/IDS tools such as Snort/IDS rules, WireShark, Kibana, other Host or Network based Intrusion Detection Systems and Malware
- 5 or more years of experience analyzing PCAP data via TCPDump
- 5 or more years of experience/understanding current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- 5 or more years of experience creating technical event reports including network technologies and protocols
- DOD 8570 Compliant: Certifications: CEH and Comptia Sec+ / Ce 8570 compliant for IAT II
- Certifications: CEH and Comptia Sec+ / Be 8570 compliant for IAT II
- Work a modified Panama shift (12 hours/day, 7 days/2 weeks, no more than 3 days in a row)
- SCI Required
- Bachelor's in IT
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Familiar with computer forensic tools FTK, EnCase or other network forensic applications.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages. Previous scripting and coding experience is desired but not required.
- Experience with Kibana
- Experience with Fireeye
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)