Marketing Automation Specialist
Marketing Automation Specialist
The Marketing Automation Specialist must understand the practical applications of B2B and B2C email marketing and be proficient in the technology to execute email marketing campaigns.
- Perform day-to-day Eloqua marketing tasks including email calendar management, setting up multi-step campaign, testing, scheduling, and deploying, and reporting automated campaigns.
- Ability to work with multiple client email automation platforms that include Eloqua but not limited to Marketo, Pardot and HubSpot.
- Coordinate with creative design team to develop and code responsive and mobile email campaigns.
- Build landing pages and forms and set up email campaigns for lead generation, webinars, and events.
- Run A/B tests to continually optimize email performance.
- Develop and execute customer segmentation based on profile data (i.e. using Eloqua data, CRM data, or classification) to deliver targeted messaging and ensure maximum marketing efficiency.
- Proof email campaigns and perform quality assurance according to email standard operating procedures.
- Monitor email performance and generate analytics reports to assess delivery and campaign efficiency.
- Work with marketing supervisor to identify opportunities to improve existing and new email campaigns that drive awareness and engagement.
- Stay regularly informed of industry changes, advances and email best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3+ years of experience in an email marketing role, with a minimum of 2 years of experience with Eloqua.
- Experience with Eloqua is required. Additional knowledge of other marketing automation platforms like Marketo, Pardot or HubSpot is preferred.
- Ability to develop and implement automated email campaigns.
- Working knowledge of CAN-SPAM, email best practices, including design principles, metrics, data hygiene and compliance.
- Be able to use and understand web-based email testing tools (Litmus or similar)
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines for time sensitive assignments.
- Must be creative, extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and following directions well. Demonstrate ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Experience working with a utility or other federally regulated industry
- Knowledge of CRM, Microsoft Dynamics is preferred.
- Experience in Google Analytics is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)