Intake Specialist - CDBG DR - Florida
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
The Intake Specialist will verify eligibility, including but not limited to, household composition of prospective applicants, income, home ownership, and assistance from other federal programs, and insurance, in order to identify any possible duplication of benefits.
- Interviews applicants to obtain initial information to process CDBG-DR housing program application to determine eligibility.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with homeowners and landlords to obtain information to process initial application.
- Advises and explains housing program policies, rules, and forms to homeowners and landlords.
- Collects and verifies information.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with coworkers, homeowners, landlords, tenants and other external groups to provide effective and timely customer service, information, and problem resolution.
- Sends, receives, analyzes, and processes electronic and hard copy correspondence, documents, and forms.
- Advises applicants/homeowners and landlords of Harris County’s CDBG-DR housing programs’ regulations, policies, and procedures in accordance with HUD regulations.
- Enters homeowner, landlord, and/or tenant information into appropriate computer system.
- Establishes and maintains extensive electronic and hard copy filing system for homeowners, landlords, and tenants.
- Responds to telephone, fax, email, and walk-in inquiries about program requirements and status of housing program applications and payments.
- Bachelor's degree in social services or related field preferred.
- 2 years of work experience in disaster recovery, housing support services or programs, or social services and case management preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), able to learn new software and database/management information systems.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to a variety of individuals in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work successfully with socio-economic and ethnically diverse applicants.
- Team player with experience in multi-tasking, organizing, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)