Vice President of Business Development
ICF is looking for a Vice President of Business Development to lead a team that supports our Energy Environment and Infrastructure Group (a $400M+ business). The Energy Environment and Infrastructure Group is a diverse operating group that partners with federal agencies, state and local governments, and commercial clients to help tackle their most pressing challenges, including climate adaptation and resiliency, electric vehicle readiness, environmental and regulatory compliance, and energy efficiency.. ICF is growing and we need a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented leader to partner with the Group’s management team to take us to the next level.
This position reports directly to the EEI Group Leader (Senior Vice President) and will ideally be located in our Fairfax, VA headquarters. Will consider candidates who can work in an ICF office where we have a group of BD staff, such as San Diego, Irvine or Sacramento.
The selected candidate will be a business development professional with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies that drive significant and sustained growth into an organization. This individual must exhibit exceptional leadership qualities and should be highly collaborative as they must work closely with business leaders, our clients and strategic teaming partners, Corporate Business Development, and Corporate Marketing, as well as people throughout ICF.
You will manage a team of sales and business development professionals, including capture and proposal managers, field marketers, and BD systems specialists, who are located in both remote and ICF offices across the US. We want you to bring your experience and knowledge to continuously stretch the organization and to help us realize double-digit growth by advancing new strategies and increasing the level of sophistication associated with all business development processes (lead generation, positioning, capture, proposals, and pipeline management).
We are looking for people that bring their own well-established business network with them and who have at least 15 years of experience working with federal, state, local and commercial clients with a specific focus on selling professional consulting services (advisory through to implementation). Ideally this candidate has experience with energy, as well as transportation and/or environment.
This candidate should have the ability to command a room as a dynamic public speaker with strategic credibility, but also be able to use analytical, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills that lead to productive business relationships.
As the Business Development Leader, you will :
- Partner with industry-leading Subject Matter Experts and a dedicated Group Leadership Team to maximize sales across all our verticals.
- Conduct and support client engagement activities to strengthen our relationships with our clients and increase our understanding of their needs.
- Drive the Group’s overall strategic planning process.
- Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company’s capabilities.
- Track business development metrics and share the analysis and insights with business leaders to drive BD activity and support the overall health of the business.
- Be present in the market and a representative senior leader of our firm. Use your knowledge of the industry to position ICF’s point of view in a meaningful and strategic way.
- Support the development of strategies that improve the quality and depth of market and competitor intelligence to influence and enhance win probability.
- Partner with Corporate Learning & Development to build business development acumen across the Group.
- Lead a seasoned team of Business Development Professionals that are the best in the industry and that offer a spirit of teamwork and fun in a supportive environment.
As a Business Development Leader, you will have :
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in business development roles. An MBA is preferred for the role.
- The ability to gain internal support, operate independently, and establish solid working relationships with senior leadership, peers, and staff.
- A bias for action with an orientation toward solving rather than simply identifying problem areas.
- The ability to apply a strong client perspective as a driving force behind business decisions.
- Critical thinking skills to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources. Develops and tests solutions to complex problems and leads by doing rather than delegating.
- The ability to motivate and energize teams to produce winning solutions.
- Effective planning and managing skills towards both short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time, as needed.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)