Recently ranked by PR Week as #1 communications agency in the public sector, the ICF Next team is made up of more than 1,700 communications professionals. Supporting clients through strategic communications and marketing in transportation, our Government Marketing team produces award-winning work that changes behavior and ultimately helps individuals, communities, and our nation. Our team conducts all aspects of marketing to include advertising, public relations, strategic planning, research, social media, events, outreach, and partnerships.
*** Job Location(s): This individual will sit onsite at the client headquarters in Washington, DC, which is Metro-accessible.
We’re currently hiring an onsite Writer/ Editor to support our Federal transportation client. We help our clients communicate how their critical work is improving the safety, mobility, and performance of our nation’s transportation infrastructure.
This position will sit on-site and assist the client with writing, editing, and formatting in the Microsoft Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as Adobe Acrobat, and have experience using InDesign and Photoshop for light design and touch-up work.
As a Writer/Editor you will:
- Perform design and editing work in InDesign and light touch up work in Photoshop
- Coordinate alt-text and keywords for photos within a photo database
- Edit and format documents and reports to meet Federal GPO style requirements
- Fact-check technical and research-based documents
- Ensure products meet agency and department branding, logo and 508-compliance guidance
- Transcribe videos
As a Writer/Editor, you will have:
- 3 or more years of editing, proofing, or copy editing technical information
- Experience and familiarity with Federal GPO requirements and the Microsoft suite of products, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with alt-text and keyword creation
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Experience working comfortably in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, with very complex processes and tasks with multiple phases.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver; can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)