Senior Business Systems Analyst
ICF is seeking a motivated Senior Business Analyst to support upcoming project needs in the Washington, DC metro area. The Business Analyst will be responsible for leading and advising ICF clients while eliciting and analyzing business requirements and translating into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed. As a translator between technical teams and the client’s business community, the Senior Business Analyst ensures business analysis scope is understood and determines the appropriate analysis effort necessary for the initiative. This position is within the context of an Agile team employing Scrum development framework on the ServiceNow platform
This position will be working directly with stakeholders, serving in both Business Analyst and Project Manager capacities, and must be able to communicate effectively in-person and via phone/conferencing. The Senior Business Analyst will support the client program manager in identifying the scope, schedule, and requirements in order to complete projects; will support the development team with technical issues and solutions to be implemented, and help to identify risks and mitigation strategies needed to meet our client commitments. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for requirements management and will assist with solution configuration when appropriate. The ideal candidate should have the proclivity to detect overlapping functions and interdepartmental dependencies and provide both tactical and strategic thinking.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 6 years’ experience as a business analyst in a fast-paced enterprise application development environment working on multiple project types such as COTS (commercial off the shelf), new development, and enhancements/support.
- 3 years recent experience working in an agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with agile methodologies (Scrum), Requirements Management and Configuration Management methodologies, along with corresponding support tools, is expected
- Experience leading requirements management, requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, including user story development and acceptance criteria definition
- Perform business process analysis and business process re-engineering to support client initiatives, identifying and communicating process improvements, process modeling, and documentation
- Develop functional designs, conceptual wireframes and performing gap analysis on current state processes
- Concrete understanding of Object-Oriented enterprise software system development processes, methodologies, as well as major technologies (such as Java and .Net).
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office as it relates to producing project management deliverables, i.e., MS Project and Project Server for task management, Excel for reporting and data analysis, Word for status reporting and PowerPoint for status communication and project briefings
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager/CQ or similar content management software
- Ability to perform R&D and author white papers while utilizing different team members’ subject matter expertise
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Must have SharePoint experience as a Site Designer or Site Owner
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow platform in context of administration, configuration, and development
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 508 Compliance and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (levels A & AA).
- Experience with Assistive Technology (screen readers, word prediction, and speech to text software).
- Understanding of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Section 508 Trusted Tester Process v5.0
- Must be U.S. Citizen, eligible for Public Trust
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)