Infrastructure and Resiliency SME – CDBG -DR
ICF seeks an experienced professional to serve as a CDBG-DR Mitigation and Infrastructure SME within the Disaster Management division.
As a Mitigation and Infrastructure SME, you should have in-depth experience with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as other applicable Federal disaster recovery programs. You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in infrastructure and buyout/acquisition areas to assist with the successful implementation of disaster recovery projects and programs associated with CDBG-DR funded recovery efforts.
You will work with senior staff, other experts, outside contractors, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster recovery and mitigation efforts and build systems and processes to speed recovery efforts. Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on policy, regulatory and operations issues, developing written materials, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services. This is a position that requires the ability to think on one’s feet and adjust to an ever-changing environment.
Responsibilities: • Provide subject matter and operations expertise in disaster recovery program design and implementation, as well as pre-disaster risk mitigation measures.
• Work as part of a team providing expert services to support disaster recovery efforts with a focus on infrastructure and financial management
• Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross cutting Federal requirements, Davis Bacon, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
• Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation and coordination with FEMA Hazard Mitigation lead agencies and current planning.
• Be available to interpret and apply the regulations within the context of these systems.• Provide training and technical assistance in infrastructure and buyouts/acquisitions.
• Help implement CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT funded programs.
• Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions and one-on-one conversations during on-site visits.• Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
Qualifications: -Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
-5+ years direct experience implementing infrastructure projects with emphasis on projects that address flooding and mitigation for public infrastructure and public facilities
-5+ years direct experience in providing training and technical assistance in the field of affordable housing, economic development, and/or community development.
-5+ years of in-depth and hands-on knowledge of the CDBG/CDBG-DR programs, regulations, and implementation preferred.
-Advanced knowledge in MS Excel including use of advanced formulas, charts, and formatting to create polished and “client ready” deliverables-Willingness to travel approximately 25% depending on role and project needs.
Skills/Experience: • Master's degree in Planning, Public Administration, Government, Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline.
• Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
• Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies.• Business development, sales, fundraising, and/or proposal experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Missouri Client Office (MO88)