Renewable Energy Internship (Summer 2020)
Renewable Energy Internship (Summer 2020)
Interested in pursuing a career in the rapidly evolving global energy market—one where you’ll work directly with the energy companies, utilities and government agencies charged with creating viable solutions to today’s most pressing energy challenges? Then consider ICF. We’re looking for Interns to join our dynamic energy advisory team and help us lead the charge.
ICF is hiring Interns to help grow our North American and global energy consulting business. Interns contribute to the development of innovative, analytical, high quality and commercially relevant products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff.
Our Interns are given opportunities to work on assignments that foster growth and allow them to develop solutions within the renewable energy sector. Through client engagements, colleague and peer interactions, and specialized training, ICF Interns develop subject matter expertise and project management skills.
This opportunity is available to current undergraduate and graduate level students seeking internships during summer 2020 (full-time) in our Denver/Golden, CO office. Please clearly specify on your cover letter your expected dates of availability.
- Develop and manage project database
- Perform energy modeling for solar and wind projects, including those with battery energy storage systems
- Perform technical reviews for solar and wind related equipment, including those with battery energy storage systems
- Perform detailed technical research related to solar generation and wind resource modeling, technology development, and manufacturing trends
- Read, interpret, and critique project/system design drawings
- Apply technical background to evaluate new technologies
- Document reviews and analyses with sufficient technical depth but still accessible to non-technical clients
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and databases
- Experience in developing and managing databases and data analysis
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or a Master’s degree program in Engineering or Computer Sciences; electrical, mechanical, aerospace, or renewable energy engineering degree programs preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel VBA, Microsoft Office, PVsyst, Matlab, Python and other basic software tools
- Strong interest in Renewable Energy (candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply)
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance and ability to thrive in group solutions
- A willingness to dive into a new topic and learn as-needed to answer various technical questions
- Passion for the energy industry
- A passion for solving complex problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Capability to extract tends and extrapolate understand from a set of data
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work with many different types of people
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Technical research skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment and a capability to prioritize tasks
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)