Senior Online Writer
ICF Next, formerly ICF Mostra, is one of the leading integrated communication agencies in Europe.
We are specialised in helping European institutions and other international organisations to raise awareness about their policies and actions and, engage with a variety of audiences. With the support of our global partner network, we can offer solutions for communication needs, in any medium and in any language, across the world.
We challenge ourselves and our clients to communicate to citizens and confront realities and tackle new challenges. Our 1,700+ deep bench of creatives, communicators, strategists, technologists, and data analysts are committed to helping organizations to meet barriers head-on. To find real value – sooner. And to create lasting change that leaves them better prepared to face the future. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
We are currently looking for a Senior Online Writer to work full time as a consultant at the client premises.
Nature of the tasks:
- Write and edit content in English for the Environment website
- •Edit content for the web following EC’s Web writing guidelines: https://wikis.ec.europa.eu/display/WEBGUIDE/02.+Web+writing+guidelines
- Manage web editorial projects including the organisation of meeting/workshops with DG ENV policy units,
- •Create and upload content in the Environment website in Drupal 8 and implement regular web updates
- Assist on the transition of content from the static HTML Environment website to a new web platform in Drupal 8
- Assist on the full editorial integration between the Environment website and the Info site’s classes (especially the “Energy, Climate Change, Environment” class)
- Support on the coordination and implementation of DG ENV’s website transformation including the definition and development of DG ENV’s web editorial governance
- aEnsure coordination between DG ENV, DG COMM other DGs on cross editorial activities
- Participate and represent DG ENV on Commission’s web editorial boards and other forums
- Produce content optimised for search engines and help on search engine optimisation (SEO) ctivities
- Support other DG ENV’s Web team tasks
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent writing skills in English
- The language level required for writing content in English: Understanding (mother tongue or C2)
- Speaking (mother tongue or C2), and Writing (mother tongue or C2)
- Good communication skills and knowledge on how to write for the web
- Experience in project management, ideally on web-digital related projects
- Good understanding on Commission’s digital communication environment (EC’s Digital Transformation Project)
- Experience with Commission’s web corporate products and content management systems (specially Drupal) is a strong asset
- Be very well informed on all main EU policies and good understanding of EU institutions and policies
- Knowledge on EU Environment policies is a strong asset
- Leadership capability and focus on the user/customer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Education and Experience:
- University level education
- At least 5 years of professional experience within this field of work
Work experience gained in a multicultural environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Belgium Client Office (BE88)