Senior Database Administrator
ICF is hiring an experienced Senior Database Administrator with in-depth technical background and experience in PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and AWS RDS in Washington, D.C. The Senior DBA will be responsible for:
- Operations & Support of database environments deployed in various environments for the following technologies: PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and AWS RDS.
- Tuning, optimization and troubleshooting in multiple environments across these technologies
- Operational responsibilities will include supervising performance of these database technologies in addition to installations, configurations, and migrations as required
- Analyzing performance issues and providing recommendations to application teams
- Proactively diagnosing and resolving problems affecting database systems
- Maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management, change management, and office of information security requirements
- Implement Upgrades of PostgreSQL and MariaDB on premise databases
- Managed AWS RDS database instances for Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB databases from 11g to 12c Multitenant
- Perform daily activities like production support and continuous database monitoring.
- Leverage tools like OEM, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Plan, AWS CloudWatch, PgAdmin, etc.
- Apply database systems patches for PostgreSQL and MariaDB in both on prem instances and in AWS Cloud
- Perform database upgrade and migration from on prem to AWS RDS cloud instances
- Perform RDS database upgrades in AWS
- Deploy Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery of databases for PostgreSQL and Maria DB on prem environments
- Manage, maintain, and recover instances using AWS RDS snapshots
- Deploy Database Recovery Techniques
- Implement database environments refresh using various database techniques and tool sets applicable to each of these technologies.
- Implement database provisioning and cloning techniques to each of these technologies.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- 8 years+ of experience (with a graduate/postgraduate degree) in the field of information technology.
- Experience as a Senior DBA working with PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and AWS RDS
- Experience with Database Backup Design & Planning.
- Experience with PostgreSQL clustering & HA deployments
- Experience with data replication configuration and deployment models.
- Expertise with Database Security - Wallet Configuration & TDE Deployments for PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and AWS RDS instances
- Experience with Database Upgrade techniques & mechanisms of different versions and on various platforms for PostgreSQL and MariaDB
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Data Loads for Performance, Coding and Infrastructure issues.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automating regular data loading and other database maintenance activities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
- Strong hands-on Experience with the Backup and Restore procedures for these database technologies, in addition to performing database refreshes using techniques such as Exp/Imp & pump utilities.
- Experience working with database monitoring tools for PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and CloudWatch.
- Experience with database provisioning and cloning techniques for PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)