Public Affairs Specialist
ICF is seeking a Public Affairs Specialist to develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive internal and external public relations programs for a Federal health client located in Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker that knows how to engage with news media and citizen journalists through traditional and digital strategies that help achieve the client’s communication objectives for high priority topics.
The Public Affairs Specialist will work collaboratively with internal client teams to provide public affairs strategy, identify needs and create communication roll-out plans that leverage available traditional and digital channels to best deliver messages. The candidate will create and deliver quality content such as talking points, Q&As, and other public affairs-related material. This position is located full-time at the client site, in a high-visibility office, in Atlanta, Georgia.
At ICF, we combine passionate commitment and deep expertise to deliver results to our clients in Health, Technology, Energy, and International Development. We’re looking for an experienced, strategic candidate with passion and expertise to spare—someone with energy and enthusiasm that’s willing to learn, share and collaborate with the ICF and client teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Health Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related majors
- 6+ years of public relations/affairs experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of public relations and/or media relations
- Experience in planning and supporting communications activities
- Experience working and interacting with individuals at various levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Ability to effectively collaborate early and often with team members, as well as the capability to produce work product independently when required
- Strong writing and content development, especially for news media
- Health and/or Federal government experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of news media and other influencer trends that inform and educate many public stakeholders through traditional and digital media
- Demonstrated superior client service to include high quality products, quick responsiveness and an expert-consultant mentality.
- Exceptional critical thinking capabilities (analytical, problem-solving and decision making)
- Ability to work with changing priorities and short deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)