Senior Manager Environmental Planning
Sr. Manager/Director/Principal - Environmental Planning
San Diego, CA
ICF is currently seeking a Sr. Manager/Director/Principal-level professional to grow our CEQA and environmental compliance consulting practice and manage and oversee project delivery for the planning & development market. Position to be based in our San Diego, CA office.
The primary duties of this role are to:
- Identify, track and pursue primarily public and private planning & development opportunities, focusing on the greater San Diego marketplace;
- Partner with ICF’s other SoCal CEQA/NEPA Principals, Business Development Leads, and team members to pursue and deliver primarily public and private planning & development projects;
- Manage, oversee, and QA/QC CEQA, NEPA and other environmental compliance documents primarily public and private planning & development clients.
- Coordinate with clients, resource agencies, and environmental and technical staff to prepare environmental documents and supporting technical studies for primarily public and private planning & development projects.
- Potential to take on Team Leadership and staff management responsibilities for SoCal Planning & Development Team (approximately 20 team members) depending upon candidate qualifications and capabilities.
- Manage scope, budget and schedule for primarily public and private planning & development projects, coordinate and manage work of technical specialists, and effectively guide projects to completion
- Develop new and existing client relationships through in person meetings, conferences, and outreach activities
- Participate in business development and client management activities to support this sector in Southern California.
- Lead and assist with interdisciplinary coordination on marketing pursuits
- Author analytical sections of environmental documents within area of specialty
- Perform technical research and analysis in support of environmental reports.
- Provide QA/QC of CEQA/NEPA documents and business development proposals.
- Potentially staff management and mentorship, depending upon candidate qualifications and capabilities.
- Bachelors degree or higher in planning, environmental studies, and/or environmental planning, or related field.
- 15+ years of project management and/or professional related experience in a consulting environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of CEQA/NEPA and other environmental regulations.
- Extensive experience with local government and land development projects, specifically in San Diego, CA.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business in San Diego market with existing and new connections.
- Experience managing project teams and staff management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience preparing competitive proposals and presenting to clients at competitive interviews
- Excellent organization, schedule and budget management skills.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and commitment to producing quality work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)