Project Manager Environmental Specialist - Disaster Recovery
ICF is seeking an Program Manager Environmental Specialist - Disaster Recovery who will support government agencies in Texas in managing federal grants to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in areas impacted by recent disasters. As part of the growing Disaster Management Division, the position requires in-depth experience with environmental reviews for the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) programs, as well as other federal disaster recovery programs. The Deputy Program Manager will work onsite with the senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement environmental compliance policies and procedures for mitigation projects and programs.
Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on environmental issues, developing written materials, managing staff and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services.
- Assist the Client in providing overall leadership to teams assisting and implementing mitigation and post-disaster recovery efforts
- Schedule and assign staff
- Allocate resources and assess/manage risk
- Coordinate various components that contribute to the project to ensure on-time delivery
- Ensure that deadlines are met
- Keep all parties informed of progress and any outstanding issues
- 5 years of experience in environmental compliance for CDBG-DR, housing, community development, or related fields
- 1+ years of direct experience in environmental Subject Matter Expertise for a grantee or subrecipient
- Experience with HUD-funded infrastructure and buyout/acquisition programs
- Experience with FEMA-approved hazard mitigation plans
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Language Proficiency: bilingual preferred (Spanish and English)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience managing environmental compliance for federally funded programs – National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and related laws and authorites
- Experience managing environmental review records in compliance with HUD’s regulations at 24 CFR Part 58
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)