Senior Editor - On call (Remote)
On-Call Professional Editor (Home Based - remote)
ICF is seeking a professional on-call editor to work variable hours supporting proposals and business development materials for ICF’s Public Sector Group.
The position will involve editing proposal materials on a wide variety of topics (e.g., cyber security, global health issues, communications, disaster response, program evaluation). Qualified candidates should be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet agreed-upon deadlines.
This is a remote, on-call position and may be worked from home. Candidates able to work within the Eastern Time Zone preferred. The candidate must have own PC with Windows operating system (with current Microsoft Office 365 software and virus protection and Adobe Acrobat Professional) to perform this work. Editing timelines can vary dramatically, so flexibility is greatly appreciated in regard to working during the day, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Edit documents for consistency in style, voice, word usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and reference citation format.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, carefully follow assignment instructions, and meet deadlines.
- Adhere closely to our house style and client style guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in communications, English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with various reference formats, including APA, Chicago, and AMA, is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional setting, providing editing services, required.
- Demonstrated, strong editing skills required, including proofreading, editing, spelling, and grammar. An editing test will be administered.
- Proficiency using MS Office, particularly MS Word’s Track Changes and comments functions, required.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF (particularly commenting tools) preferred.
Overall Qualifications and Professional Skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment is required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, and meet project deadlines is required.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills are required.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information, required.
- Good organizational/problem-solving skills are highly desired.
- Flexibility and availability to accept assignments required.
- Experience working with proposals to federal and state agencies is preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)